Saturday, August 12, 2017

Giordano celebrates the 40th anniversary of Voltes V

I grew up watching and being very into Voltes V when I was young and my predilection of this animated series has stayed with me until now. So when I saw that Giordano was releasing limited edition shirts on August 3 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Voltes V, I just had to get some for myself. Actually, around the same time last year, Giordano came out with Voltes V shirts but I was unable to buy then; I was in a rush when I passed by a Giordano shop that had many Voltes V shirts on display and when I returned a couple of days later, all Voltes V merchandise had sold out. As such, I was more intent on getting shirts this time around.

My schedule got tremendously packed in early August so I was unable to go to Giordano until a few days later. When I finally made my way to a Giordano store, some designs had already been sold out and a few more had almost fully run out, with only XL or XS remaining. Still, there were a few designs that had many sizes available. After selecting a couple for myself, I thought it would be nice to get shirts for my brothers as well (they are also Voltes V fans). Once I had selected 4 shirts, the saleslady suggested that I get 2 more because I would get a free Voltes V umbrella if I bought 6 shirts. As such, I ended up leaving Giordano with 6 shirts and an umbrella. LOL.


I am now looking forward to wearing my new Voltes V shirts. :) Thanks to Giordano for releasing these limited edition shirts. Happy 40th anniversary, Voltes V!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Classic action adventure science fiction superhero mecha fantasy animated melodrama TV series aired from 1977-78 for two seasons plus compilation film from Japan.