Friday, November 11, 2016

LABArya Do It Yourself Laundry

When my washing machine broke down last week, I knew it would take time for me to get it repaired (or even replaced) so I decided to look for alternative ways to wash my clothes. I did a quick search online for laundromats in Metro Manila and I found LABArya Do It Yourself Laundry. This place had some positive reviews so I decided to try it out. LABArya has three branches - in Makati, in Mandaluyong, and a new one in Pasay. The branch I visited was the one near JP Rizal and Kalayaan in Makati. This laundromat has a good number of washers and dryers. The washers come in two sizes (large and small) while the dryers come in only one (big) size. The employees working there can help you use the machines.


The washers have three settings: light, moderate, and heavy. The light setting for the small washing machine costs P60 and the wash cycle is about 21 minutes long. The moderate and heavy settings both cost P90 and the wash cycle runs for around 26 minutes. You can bring your own detergent and fabric conditioner, but if you forget these at home, you can buy them from LABArya at per-use portions (and not necessarily a whole pack of detergent or fabric conditioner).

the small dryers

The dryer is pretty big and two loads in the small washer can fit into just one dryer. A 20-minute cycle costs P60 and the 30-minute cycle costs P90. The dryers are pretty efficient because after a 30-minute cycle, my clothes were all dry.

the dryers

The great thing about this place is that you can complete your washing and drying in under an hour. LABArya also has a lot of plastic hampers in case you didn't bring one yourself. You can use these to load the washer, transfer the clothes from the washer to the dryer, and unload the dryer. They also sell large plastic bags at P10 each and you can use these to put your clothes in once you are done with your laundry. Some people have commented that there isn't a lot of space to fold your clothes after you are done and while this is sort of true, it's not really a big deal


Because I haven't had enough time to get my broken washer-dryer at home repaired (a technician already looked at it but it still needs to be pulled out), I have now been to LABArya twice. The Makati branch is open from 9AM to 9PM on weekdays and from 7am to 10PM on weekends. Only street parking is available but thankfully, in the two times I went there, I was always able to park on the street in right in front of LABArya. There were a handful of people there on both of my visits, but there were always available machines for me to use. I am not sure when I will finally get my washer-dryer at home fixed (hopefully soon because it is just so much more convenient), but because of LABArya, I'm not in as much of a hurry as I would've been.

LABArya Do It Yourself Laundry
https://www.facebook.com/labaryaolympia/
2686 South Avenue, Brgy Olympia, Makati
0925 788 5222

No comments: