Monday, January 11, 2016

Catching up with friends

The Christmas season may be over but early January is still a time for catching up. Shortly after new year, I met up with my friends Doms, Zaza, Denise and Katco - the people I worked very closely with for many years as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility organization at work - for lunch in Estancia Mall in Capitol Commons. It was my first time there and I like the this mall - it's not too big and it's very well lit. We had lunch at Wholesome Table (the food is good but I find it a bit too expensive) before moving to Larcy's for some cupcakes and coffee. It was too bad that a lot of other folks couldn't make it that day but I am happy that we were still able to meet up. As expected, so many fun, interesting and amazing stories were shared.


enjoying a cupcake and coffee at Larcy's in Capitol Commons

I met up with my college friends for lunch. This was our annual get-together and while normally we have it between Christmas and New Year, scheduling conflicts meant that we had to meet up in early January instead. As usual, we had a potluck set-up and knowing that I wouldn't get there early, I volunteered to bring dessert. (I still recall the year I volunteered to bring drinks and I was late; that was a bit of a disaster LOL.) I couldn't stay long so I missed a couple of our classmates who arrived in the late afternoon but at least I did get to see most of the folks.

A couple of days later, I met up with my friends from my previous job. Once again, this was part 2 because we already met prior to Christmas. But one of my friends, Che, wanted to meet up again because she felt that she left our previous get together a bit early to catch a screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I personally hadn't seen her as well in a while since she wasn't able to join our 2014 Christmas party. We ended up having dinner in Wang Fu in Serendra (it's a really good and pretty affordable Chinese restaurant) before moving to Mary Grace for coffee and dessert.

Needless to say, I ate too much over the holidays and I have gained a bit of weight. I now need to start eating less to try and get rid off the excess kilos.

No comments: