Thursday, November 05, 2015

Food trip in Century City Mall

Ever since my first trip to Century City Mall, I had been meaning to go back to try some other restaurants there. When I found myself with a lot of free time during the weekend, I decided to make a return trip. Amidst the window shopping and the shopping I ended up doing that day at the mall, I also managed to try three new places to eat.

For lunch, I tried Bad Bird in Hole in the Wall. All orders in Bad Bird come with 2 pieces of Umami Fried Chicken. You can order your chicken in three spice levels: Safe, Spicy, and Chemical. I wasn't in the mood for a very mouth-burning meal so I ordered a mix of one safe piece and one spicy piece. I ordered the Waffle Plate (P290), which comes with two sweet potato waffles served with miso butter syrup. If you're not a fan of the sweet-and-savory lunch combo, then this isn't for you. I, on the other hand, really enjoyed it.

Waffle Plate (P290) at Bad Bird

I saw Le Petit Soufflé while walking around the third floor of the mall. I took a quick look at the menu and saw that they had some dessert soufflés so I decided to try it out. Thankfully, I did.

Le Petit Soufflé on the third floor of Century City Mall

This French-Japanese fusion restaurant has a quaint interior, with its sparkling bright colors and country charm making guests feel very comfortable.


I decided to order the Valrhona Guajana Soufflé (P350), which is made with 70% dark chocolate and served with vanilla crème anglaise. This sensational dessert is a bit on the expensive side but it is worth every centavo. It is very light, puffy, and fluffy. The chocolate is dark and rich and delicious. It takes 25 minutes to prepare but it is certainly worth the wait. I saw a lot of soufflés being served out of the kitchen and I can understand why. If you are in a bit of a splurging mood and are looking to enjoy a good dessert, I recommend Le Petit Soufflé.

Valrhona Guajana Soufflé (P350) at Le Petit Soufflé

For dinner, I went back ton Hole in the Wall to try Mister Delicious. I ordered the Classic Corned Beef Reuben (P450), which is a sandwich with housemade corned beef and sauerkraut, emmental cheese Russian dressing on rye bread. It comes with camote chips on the side. This photo is unfortunately pretty bad (the lighting wasn't very good and my phone camera isn't the best). Mister Delicious is also on the pricey side but their Reuben is pretty good - the beef was tender and sauerkraut wasn't overpowering. It's also a good-sized sandwich. I would have preferred a side of fries instead of camote chips, though.

Classic Corned Beef Reuben (P450) at Mister Delicious

Century City Mall isn't that big but there are quite a few interesting dining options here that I still want to try.

No comments: