Monday, December 22, 2014

Mr. Jones in Greenbelt closed (for now)

I was in Greenbelt earlier today to do some last minute shopping and I thought of having dinner in Mr. Jones. However, as I made my way to where I was expecting it to be, I saw that it wasn't there anymore. Instead, massive boards had been put up and there was a sign indicating that they were now building Torch there instead.

I just checked their facebook page and apparently, they closed a few months ago. Such a shame because I really love the food in Mr. Jones. However, there is a glimmer of hope. It seems they will be opening what they call a "Jr." version of this resto in BGC. I am hoping they keep at least some of my favorite dishes including their Wicked Truffled Mac n' Cheese, Big Mama's Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf, and Honey Drizzled Fried Chicken and Homemade Biscuits.

No comments: