Thursday, July 31, 2014

Car trouble

Recently, I was driving my car on a Sunday when all of a sudden, it just stopped. Thankfully, there were no cars right behind me; otherwise I could have been rear-ended. I was able to restart the car but I was a bit worried. This concern was compounded when it happened a few more times later that day. Damn!

As this was a very dangerous situation, I decided to have my car looked at immediately at the car shop. As it turned out, there was a major problem with my fuel pump and the recommendation was for me to replace it. You can imagine how flabbergasted I was when the quote they sent me was worth more than P130,000+!

I could not afford that and even if I could, it didn't feel like the smartest use of money. Thankfully, my mom was able to find a mechanic, Randy, who had done great work for her some of her colleagues and had gotten very good reviews from them. His quote was a fraction of the amount quoted by the car shop so I decided to avail of his services. As if the much lower price wasn't good enough, he actually also picked up my car and then brought it back to me once the repairs were done. Wow!!!

Randy initially told me it would take three days to repair my car but I was able to get it after only two. On top of that, the final price was only 60% of the initial price he quoted. My car is now running quite well again. Brilliant. Thank you, Randy!

No comments: