Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Customer Service Surprise at Conti's

Last December 30, I passed by Conti's Greenhills to place an advanced order for their party-size American Grilled Ribs. The plan was for me to pick the food up at 4pm on December 31 so that it would serve as our dinner and media noche on New Year.

I arrived at Conti's on December 31 and I'm given a number for the pre-order pick-up queue. Once it was my turn to be served, I was not pleased when they told me that there was some mix-up in the dispatch of food and my order seemed to have been given to someone else. Ugh!!! They told me that my order was already being prepared but that it would take another 15-20 minutes before I get served. At that point, I had already been in Conti's for 20 minutes and given that I had to do a couple more errands that afternoon, I really wasn't happy to be kept waiting even longer.

Around 11 people who were in the queue after me were served - most of them with big orders! - before my food finally arrived. At some point, the manager spoke to me and apologized for the delay. I left Conti's feeling disappointed.

Anyway, several days later, I go back to that same Conti's to place an order for their party-size Baked Prawns and Chicken Pastel for my nephew's birthday celebration at home. (Conti's Baked Prawns are my nephew's favorite so I had to order it for him.) When I pick up my order, the manager approached me and told me that it was she who spoke to me on the 31st when I had a problem with my order. She felt bad that she was not able to give me anything at the time so she then handed me two boxes of brownies and told me they were complimentary, to compensate for the delay in my food order. Cool! It may have been several days late but I really appreciated the gesture (and the brownies). I also think it was great that they actually remembered that I had a bad experience there and tried to make amends the next time I was there.

The manager told me that they would be moving soon to a new location in Shaw. I do think the Greenhills location is much more accessible since you won't have to go through Shaw traffic but hopefully, the new location is bigger and has more parking options. In any case, I need to know where in Shaw the new store will be.

No comments: