Saturday, October 26, 2013

Bowling!

The last time I competed as part of a team in a company bowling tournament was more than seven years ago. In fact, before I hit the bowling lanes a few months ago, I hadn't really bowled in years as well. Nevertheless, our team somehow took third place in today's tournament. Woohoo!

It was sort of a come from behind top three finish as well. In the elimination round, our team didn't do very well. We managed to step up ever so slightly in the second game but so many other teams seemed to be doing really well so we weren't counting on getting to the final four anymore. Yet somehow we made it. And even in that final round, things weren't looking too good for us. It consisted of two round as well and our team was in fourth place after the first round of the finals. We were behind by about 34 pinfalls and the second round didn't start out that great as our team had many open frames. However, I think the team that started out in third place started playing poorly and we ended up edging them by a very slim margin of 14 pinfalls.

Our women's team did markedly better than us as they ended up overall champions for the women's division. We were the only team who had a podium finish in both the men's and women's division. To celebrate, we had dinner at Recipes where I ended up ordering two dishes and two cups or rice (and I almost polished off everything; clearly I was tired and hungry!)

*****

The downside is that I lost a P500 bill. I must have inadvertently dropped it or I may have accidentally thrown into into a trash bin with some garbage I was holding. Damn. Oh well.

No comments: