Monday, August 05, 2013

Remembering Mama Guading

It's hard to believe that it's been two years since Mama Guading passed away. I remember exactly where I was when I found out. I was with my friends Doms and Zaza outside a boardroom in our office waiting to called so we could provide top management with status updates on our Corporate Social Responsibility program. I then got a text from my mom. "Patay na si Mama" she said. I could barely focus. No, actually, it seemed surreal. I think it took some time for the reality to sink in. The days - no, weeks - after that were some of the saddest of my life.

Here's the post I wrote almost 2 years ago on the 9th day of Mama Guading's passing. She would have turned 75 birthday this coming Sunday if she were still with us. We miss you, Mama.

No comments: