Sunday, November 27, 2011

Birthday celebration Friday

Two friends of mine have their birthdays in late November and with both of them celebrating on the same Friday night, I ended up being double-booked. Thankfully, the schedule didn't conflict completely.

Me-ann's birthday celebration kicked off very early in the evening. She sent out an invite for dinner in Cafe Juanita in Burgos Circle at 630pm, and somehow, 5 of us were more or less on time LOL. (This still doesn't beat the outback dinner we had a couple of years ago where we started at 630 and attendance was complete by 645!) We were joined later on by four more of our friends. Since I was double booked, I had to excuse myself at around 845pm. I think a couple more people joined after I left.

I made my way to Salcedo Village for the pre-game of my friend Walter's birthday celebration. He managed to get us all in the Republiq guest list, but since drinks there cost a lot, he decided to set up a pre-game in the penthouse of the condo of one of our other friends. It was drizzling a bit when I got there but thankfully it didn't get any heavier and stopped shortly. We had quite a few drinks here before making our way to Republiq. Several more of Walter's friend joined us here and we all enjoyed a lot more drinks and great music until the wee hours of the morning. I haven't been to a club in a long time so it was great fun. Needless to say, I stayed away from alcohol the rest of the weekend. :)

No comments: