Saturday, July 23, 2011

Denz's bday

My friend and ex-colleague Denz celebrated his birthday at home, similar to what he has done each of the last few years. He invited me along with several of our other friends, and while a lot of people confirmed that they would go, it stormed very heavily that day. This resulted in most people backing out at the last minute. Shobie was there with Rodski but when the rains started pouring, she got concerned that the roads would be flooded so she left promptly. This meant that the only person I knew who was still in the party was Denz. I decided that I hadn't seen Denz in more than a year so even if I didn't know anyone there and despite the heavy rains, I would still go.

I got to the party a bit late because I had a volleyball game early that afternoon. Thankfully, there was a whole lot of food when I got there (as is always the case whenever Denz celebrates his birthday). I ended up having getting about three platefuls of food which means I ate more calories than I burned during our one-hour game LOL.

I stayed in the party for about an hour, listening to everyone else belt out standards and oldies over the Magic Sing and getting in a bit of airtime myself LOL. Too bad our other friends weren't able to make it or stay around. Nevertheless, it was great catching up with Denz. He says his party next year will be massive since he's celebrating a milestone year so I am looking forward to that.

No comments: