Thursday, August 26, 2010

Going through my Ipod

My old-school 30 Gb Ipod has been with me for more than 3 years now and I have about 20 Gb worth of music in it. However, I tend to listen to my favorite albums, favorite artists, or favorite songs only, so there are still hundreds or maybe even thousands of songs in my Ipod that I haven't listened to even once.

As such, I recently decided to make sure I go through every song in my Ipod. I started listening to songs in alphabetical order (by song title) a couple of weeks. I don't get to listen to my ipod everyday, but when I do, I probably listen to it for about 2-5 hours. Given that, I'm still at songs starting with letter 'B' (the last song I heard was 'Built to last' by Melee). I reckon I still have close to 400 hours worth of songs to listen to before I'm done! LOL

Anyways, here's one of the most played songs in my Ipod: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's extraordinarily soulful version of "Over the Rainbow". I never thought a song accompanied only by a ukulele could move me!


video uploaded in youtube by user mountainapplecompany

(Oh and if this arrangement sounds familiar, it's because this version was covered by Jason Castro while he was on American Idol and was also performed by Mr. Schuester and Puck in Glee.)

No comments: