Monday, August 09, 2010

Big birthday bash

August is birthday time in my family. I was planning to take my family - including my grandparents - to Adarna for lunch. I had to put that plan on hold though because my grandparents decided to have dinner in their house to celebrate the birthdays of my brother, my cousin, my mom, my grandfather, and their household help who has been with the family for decades (we actually call her 'Mama Guading'). My nephew's birthday isn't until a few weeks for now but we celebrated it as well.

I know my grandparents like the Mango Tart in Conti's so I decided to pick one up on my way to dinner. As expected, there was more food than all of us could eat - pansit malabon, lumpia, chicken, kare-kare, paella, and a few other items. We had a lot of dessert too - apart from my Conti's mango tart, we had ice cream, an ice cream cake, and a birthday cake.

I'm still planning to bring my family to Adarna, but since my nephews have exams next week, we'll probably do it two weekends from now.

No comments: