Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Damien Rice - 9 crimes

I first heard the song 9 Crimes by Damien Rice a couple of months ago while channel-surfing. As I passed through Starworld, "Live at Abbey Road" was on and the music being played instantly caught my attention. It was so powerful and haunting that I stopped flipping through channels and decided to listen to the rest of the song. I loved it so much that I just had to hear it again. So the next day, I searched for it in youtube (don't you just love youtube?) and found it.

Here's that snippet from Live at Abbey Road:


video uploaded in youtube by user annnaklara

In my search, I also ran across the video of this song. I initially found it morbidly interesting, and I later discovered that the video was inspired by a French movie from 1956 by Albert Lamorisse called "Le Ballon Rouge" or "The Red Balloon". The film is about boy who comes across a red balloon and discovers that the balloon seems to have a mind of its own. You can read more about it in this link.

Anyways, here's the video of 9 crimes:


video uploaded in youtube by noemigadu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christian! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. Your life and travels seems to be quite an adventure. I'm still in the US--
currently in Seattle but will be moving to Vancouver BC in July.

Regarding "9 Crimes", I liked it the first time I heard it which was when I was watching Shrek the 3rd on DVD. How crazy is that?

Give my regards to Mich and Anna.

Ed Fortuno III