Sunday, August 05, 2018

Manila Pen Staycation

After I stayed at Hotel Intercon a few years ago, I got reminded of the Peninsula Manila, or more popularly called Manila Pen, and how I used to stay there quite a bit. Not because I had lots of money to throw away LOL but because the company I worked for had a fantastic corporate rate with Manila Pen. In fact, I wasn't the only one who did this; many of my colleagues did the same. Anyway, I was looking for hotel rooms recently because I wanted to book a place for a game night I was hosting when I saw that Manila Pen had some good rates. While I didn't originally plan on booking a room here, after thinking about it for a few minutes, I decided to book a room here for a weekend staycation.


It's been such a long time since I stayed at the Manila Pen so my memory could be deceiving me but the room I booked seems to be a bit more modern than what I remember. I don't know if this is because they renovated in the last decade. In any case, the room looked really good.


My booking didn't include breakfast so I was initially toying with the idea of just paying for it but I think the buffet breakfast cost P1,600++ so I decided to just sleep in and skip breakfast altogether. :) I do remember enjoying the breakfast spread at the Manila Pen so maybe the next time I am there, I will make a booking that includes breakfast. I have to say that the lobby still remains one of the best hotel lobbies in Manila, with its very high ceiling, its spaciousness, the lighting, and the atmosphere. Every time I passed by the lobby, whether when I was checking in or out or heading out for dinner, it was full of people enjoying the hotel lobby service.


I found my weekend staycation at the Peninsula Manila to be very cozy, comfortable, and luxurious and the vibe in the hotel is still great. If I see a good deal online, maybe I might just book a room here again.

No comments: