Friday, July 20, 2018

MSJO win 1st place at the Summa Cum Laude Festival!

This is more than a week late but this piece of news made me very happy. The Manila Symphony Junior Orchestra (MSJO) returned to Austria this year to compete again at the Summa Cum Laude International Music Festival and they finished in First Place with outstanding success in the String Orchestra Category. Congratulations!



I became fans of the MSJO when I saw them perform last year. It was already an incredible honor that they represented the Philippines at this prestigious international festival so I felt that their second place finish in 2017 was already a massive achievement. Little did I know that a year later, they would go a step further by winning 1st place. Amazing!!!

My friend texted me late this afternoon asking me if I was interested to watch the performance of the MSJO and other orchestras at the CCP tonight but I wasn't available. It's been more than a year since I got to see them perform so I am hoping I can watch them again soon.

Congratulations again, Manila Symphony Junior Orchestra!

No comments: