Sunday, May 27, 2018

New TV

When I visited my family last Sunday, my mom asked if I was going to the mall because she wanted to get a new TV. Apparently, one of our two TVs at home - and the last remaining working picture tube TV we had - finally conked out. Now normally, when an appliance breaks down, you have it repaired. However, this was a picture tube television, which is pretty much obsolete. To have it fixed would probably cost as much as, if not more than, an inexpensive new TV. So it just made better sense to get a new one. Thankfully, there are a few inexpensive but decent brands now.

I ended up getting a Skyworth LED, which is the same brand that I got for my grandmother a couple of years ago. While the plan was to replace the broken TV on the 2nd floor, we realized that the new one I got is a bit bigger than the one we had in the living room. I left it to my family to decide whether they would set up this new TV in the living room or on the 2nd floor. I guess I'll find out what they decided to do when I visit again this weekend.

No comments: