Monday, May 28, 2018

My first Ippudo experience

I finally got to try Ippudo, which is reputed to be one of the best ramen places in the Philippines. I was able to try it because I was in Megamall one evening and while thinking of where to have dinner, I decided to eat at a place I hadn't tried before. Thankfully, when I got to Ippudo, there were still available seats.


I decided to go basic with my first even ramen order by selecting the Shiromaru Tamago which is Ippudo's original tonkotsu broth with ultra-thin noodles and topped with pork belly and pork loin and salted soft boiled egg.


I actually also ordered the Pork Bun which is pork belly with Ippudo's special sauce and Japanese mayonnaise. I forgot to take a photo of it though because I was so hungry that I ate it as soon as it was served. I kinda think that it was easy enough for me to get a seat because I got there in the late evening so most people might have already finished eating by that time. (Despite this, the place was still pretty packed when I ate there.)


While I did enjoy my food, I do think that from a ramen standpoint, I actually like Ramen Nagi better. I also like Ikkoryu better, at least when it was new (I kinda think the quality of the broth in Ikkoryu sort of deteriorated since it first opened in Manila). The pork bun was also good but I actually like the Kakuni Buns of Ramen Bar. I don't think there is still a Ramen Bar in the Philippines since I haven't seen a Ramen Bar in ages but I actually loved their Kakuni Buns and I always ordered it with my ramen when I ate there before.

No comments: