Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Siglo Suites at The Gramercy

The original plan was for my friends and I to have wine night at home. I had a few bottles of wine that I got over Christmas and I really wanted to enjoy them but I didn't want to drink them by myself LOL. We initially agreed on a venue and a date that I recommended but after all the arrangements were made, I realized I had another commitment. Yes, on the same night that I recommended. We ended up changing the plan and we instead decided to stay overnight at a three-bedroom suite in Siglo Suites at The Gramercy.

view of the living area and a bit of the dining area from upstairs

I wrote previously that it took 1 1/2 hours for me to get checked in. Obviously I was in a foul mood the moment I got into the room. Thankfully, it was really nice and I think that helped improve my mental state. The 3BR suite is a loft with one bedroom on the bottom floor and 2 bedrooms upstairs. Each bedroom has a queen-sized bed. The suite has three bathrooms (the two rooms upstairs have direct bathroom access), a laundry room, and a good-sized kitchen with a big refrigerator. There are also seven small balcony areas.

view of the city at night from one of the seven balconies

As I also mentioned previously, there is direct access from The Gramercy to Century City Mall on the 2nd floor. We decided to have dinner at Le Petit Souffle because I told my friends that I really wanted to have dessert there. I ended up having a double souffle evening. For my main course, I ordered the Japanese Beef Curry Souffle. It looked really appetizing and it did taste good but I think I prefer Japanese curry with rice than in a souffle.

Japanese Beef Curry Souffle at Le Petit Souffle

For dessert, I was tempted to try a different souffle from the one I had before but I decided to still order the Valrhona Guanaja Souffle again. Thankfully, it was still as amazingly good as I remembered it.

Valrhona Guanaja Souffle

The rest of the evening was spent enjoying wine and playing games. This was the first time I recall having a Barolo, which I bought from a friend of mine who had lots of good wines at home but had to dispose of them because she was moving to another country. I knew that the Barolo is reputed to be one of Italy's best wines so despite it being on the expensive side, I decided to get one bottle for myself. Thankfully, it lived up to the hype and I enjoyed it. On the gaming side, we started out with Splendor in the afternoon. In the evening, we played Exploding Kittens with the Imploding Kittens expansion and Codenames Philippine Edition before going a bit more high tech and playing Jackbox.


Funny thing: I got stressed out checking in then again when checking out. I was told upon check-out that there was a missing hair dryer. They said there was supposed to be one hair dryer per bathroom but upon checking, one bathroom was supposedly missing a dryer. Obviously, none of us took anything. Thankfully, someone took a video of the entire place, including all the rooms, and the shot of one of the bathrooms showed that there was no hair dryer there. I showed this to the reception and they finally checked me out. Whew.

Given the not-so-great experience I had during check-in and check-out, I guess the question is, would I stay here again? I think I would. I just need to make sure I sort out where to park because as I mentioned in a previous post, there are no cheap parking options when checking into Siglo Suites. I guess the positive side of having a challenging check-in was that I got free parking at the basement as compensation. :)

No comments: