Wednesday, February 28, 2018

No Need to Argue by The Cranberries

I got a cassette tape of "No Need to Argue" by The Cranberries back in the mid-90s and it immediately became one of my favorite albums. Until now, it still is. While this second album of The Cranberries features a couple of their most popular songs such as Zombie and Ode to My Family, I actually love it even more for the songs that weren't released. One of which is Daffodil Lament, which was chosen by fans as their best non-single song. Listen to it here.

While I do agree that Daffodil Lament is brilliant, my favorite is actually the title track No Need to Argue, which is the last song on the album. Actually, this is my all-time favorite song of The Cranberries. You need to bump up the volume or listen to it with earphones or headphones on since it is a bit of a quiet song but it is that softness that makes it haunting and impactful.


video uploaded by ukmachinehead

If you get the chance, listen to the entire No Need to Argue album as it really is special. I am posting this now as my own personal (and very late) tribute to Dolores O'Riordon, the lead vocalist of The Cranberries, who passed away on January 15 this year. RIP, Dolores.

No comments: