Thursday, January 12, 2017

I got my Coldplay ticket!

I can't believe it. I actually got a ticket to the Coldplay concert in Manila!

I almost didn't get a ticket too. I missed the news that the tickets would be out for pre-sale to Globe employees so by the time I had reached out to my Globe friends, they had all reserved the maximum number of tickets allowed. I was toying with the idea of getting tickets in another country like Singapore or Seoul since tickets there cost significantly less there but the flight costs were not that cheap either. In fact, while searching for flights in Cebu Pacific, I got a pop-up message saying 599 other people were looking at the same schedule! I figured that the airfare would end up costing a lot more and I wasn't even sure I would manage to get a ticket abroad. I had practically given up and I was lamenting my missed opportunity to a friend when she said she would try to reach out to her
network to see if another ticket could be made available. I didn't expect a positive response but I told her that it wouldn't hurt to try.

Shortly after that, good news - she said she managed to reserve me the ticket that I wanted. Wow!!! And now, I actually have that ticket with me. :)


There have been rumors over the years about a potential Coldplay concert in Manila so I'm happy that they are finally coming here. I don't know what their setlist is going to be like, whether it will favor more recent music or it will cover their entire discography. I realized that I actually have their first five studio albums - talk about being a fan - but I also know and like a lot of their more recent songs such as Everglow, Up and Up, and a Sky Full of Stars so I am sure I will enjoy the concert no matter which of their music they perform. It is now just a few months away and I can't wait! :)

No comments: