Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Friend day Saturday

Two different sets of friends wanted to meet up last Saturday but thankfully, one group wanted to meet during lunch while the other group wanted to meet during dinner. The venue: Burgos Cirlce/Forbes Town Center.

My work friends decided to have lunch in Locavore. Me-ann and Hannah were both in town and when I suggested this place which serves very good Filipino food, Hannah actually said that she was going to suggest the same place. So it was set! While a few others were unable to make it, Mike and Alvin were also able to join us. I had eaten in the original Kapitolyo restaurant before but I had completely forgotten about it until I got there and I recognized the decor and the street food platter (fish balls, squid balls, kikiam, and kwek-kwek). Both Hannah and Alvin seemed very familiar with the menu and they proceeded to order for everyone. I gotta say, I'm not normally a fan of oysters but the Lechon and Oyster Sisig was very good.

photos and Instamag layout courtesy of my friend Me-ann

After our meal, we all decided to have coffee and gelato in Casa Italia. Mike wanted three different flavors so he ordered three scoops, and as it turned out, he got a whole lot more gelato than he expected. He decided to share it with us. I would have ordered gelato for myself but I realized that I was too full and with Mike sharing his order and Hannah sharing her sans rival, I felt that coffee would be sufficient. We parted ways at around 2:30PM.

I stayed around in BGC and headed back towards Burgos Circle at 6PM for dinner with my Yaminoy friends. It's amazing how I ended up becoming friends with other fans of Elliott Yamin almost 10 years ago and we are still pretty good friends now and a few of us still manage to meet up at least once a year. I had always wanted to try B&B Burgers and Brewskies because I saw their menu a while back and discovered that they served a burger that came with mac and cheese and bacon. It is appropriately named "Call the Nurse". :) Only Marie and Meg were able to make it that night - Meg herself had a bit of a cough - but we decided to push through anyway because our heavily conflicting schedules have led to many cancelled plans to meet up this year. Thankfully, we all got to enjoy dinner together because there was a whole lot of catching up to do.

No comments: