Thursday, May 19, 2016

X-Men: Apocalypse

X-Men: Apocalypse is the first movie since Star Wars: The Force Awakens that I got to watch in its first few days of release. In fact, I got to see it on its second day. (Normally, I only get to see a movie towards the end of its cinematic run in Manila.) My friend Joyce invited me to watch a special screening organized by her sister's class. As it turns out, I was on leave on that day so I agreed to accompany her.


SPOILER ALERT: stop reading now if you don't want to be know anything about the movie.

I gotta say, I really enjoyed X-Men: Apocalypse. From the pulsating opening sequence to assembly of the Four Horsemen to the incredible fight scenes, this movie was fast-paced, suspense-filled and action-packed. Which is why I am tremendously shocked to see that it has only a 51% critics' score on Rotten Tomatoes. Everyone I know who has seen it enjoyed it. Probably one of the reasons I enjoyed this movie as much as I did was that the characters all showcased their powers very well. It was extremely exciting and entertaining to see the mutants go head-to-head against each other and watching all the X-Men battle Apocalypse together. Despite the mediocre critical response, I personally highly recommend this movie.

No comments: