Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Errands

November 18 and 19 were declared holidays in Manila due to the APEC summit. I decided to take a few more days off of work to catch up on rest and to do some personal errands. I'm thankful that I did because I was able to get a lot of things done during the break.

First and most importantly, I finally got to clean my place up. It's been a veritable mess for the last few (or maybe even many?) months. I got a maid service to help me with the general cleaning and in the process, I got rid of a lot of stuff that was taking up space in my relatively small living space, including  some pseudo-sentimental stuff and other items that I kept because I felt I might need them at some point later on. I also had my aircon maintained. And as if that wasn't enough, I called pest control to help get rid of any unwanted critters at home.

I also asked my internet provider to send technicians to help me get my office laptop to work with my broadband connection at home. When my work laptop was replaced with a new one a while back, I couldn't get it to go online with my home internet which was weird because I had no issues connecting my personal laptop and my previous work laptop. Anyway, when the technicians came, they ended up "upgrading" my modem and sorting out a few settings and voila! My work laptop now connects to my home internet. While on the one hand that's not exactly a good thing because it means I can end up working at home instead of resting, it does mean that I can easily go online if and when there are emergencies. My new modem is actually a wireless one and it worked on the first day but somehow it isn't working anymore. When I have a bit more time again, I will get that fixed. Maybe I need another day off for that. :)

No comments: