Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Two movies in a week

I finally got to see Minions last week while it was still on its theatrical run in Manila. Shortly after that, I got to watch Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

photo courtesy of en.wikipedia.org

I really enjoyed this film. It has lots of great action, daring stunts and intense, heart-pounding sequences. There's even some political power-play and maneuvering to keep things interesting. The storytelling is brisk and the acting is solid. I love the relationship that the characters have with each other. This year has been about spy films as my favorite movies of the year have been Kingsman, Spy, and now this.

Minions


I heard from a couple of friends that Minions was just okay. I also saw on Rotten Tomatoes that it didn't have a very good score (it currently has a 54% rating only). Nevertheless, I decided to go see it for myself. The verdict? I tend to agree with my friends and rotten tomatoes. There are of course many really funny moments and it's still pretty good but I can't say I consider this to be a must-see movie. It would have been fine for me to just see it at home on TV.

No comments: