Sunday, August 16, 2015

An interesting birthday celebration

Well this was a first. My family had a celebration dinner for my brother's birthday without him. :)

We didn't really have specific plans to celebrate my brother's birthday but historically, we have always gone out for dinner. My brother works an odd shift so when I got home, I saw that he was still asleep so I couldn't ask him what he wanted to do. I decided to just pick my grandmother up and take her to the cemetery so we could visit my grandfather before heading back home. I had to run an urgent errand for my mom so I left my grandma at home first. When I returned, my brother was still asleep but it was quite late in the evening already. I figured, since my grandmother was already with us, we may as well go out.

We headed to Alex III. This place isn't as popular now as it was back in the day but the food here is still pretty topnotch. While the meal prices are a bit high, the serving sizes are pretty hefty. Some of our favorites dishes include the Pinakbet sa Bagnet, Bicol Laing, and the Premium Pork Barbecue. To make sure my brother could somehow be part of our dinner, I ordered take-out for him and I also over-ordered so that we could take home a lot of leftovers. That way, he would be able to enjoy some good food when he was finally up.


No comments: