Friday, July 17, 2015

Nephew time

Recently, one my nephews asked me to accompany him to the mall because the charger he purchased earlier in the day wasn't working. We had about an hour left before the mall would close so I hurriedly drove him there. As my nephew was discussing the replacement of his faulty charger, I ended up also buying a charger for my own phone. On the way out, we passed by an Adidas shop. I asked my nephew if I could check out some stuff there and he agreed. After several minutes of trying on many different Climacool shirts, I ended up getting four - three of which were on sale. My nephew told me as we were walking to the car that I actually benefited more from driving him to the mall because I ended up getting all those shirts. He was right.

I actually got to do a bit of driver/guardian duty for my nephews a few times over the last couple of months. Aside from that trip to the mall, I also picked up my nephew from an overnight stay with his school friends in Ortigas. On the way home, we stopped over at Cafe Breton since I hadn't eaten lunch yet. It was his first time there and he enjoyed the Blueberries & Cream crepe he ordered (he already had lunch so this dessert for him).

Prior to that, my nephews had been staying with our in-laws and they asked me if I could pick them up one Sunday morning and take them to the mall so they could go to Datablitz. I picked them up in the late morning and I took them to lunch at Conti's before they went video game shopping. We also passed by a music store so they could buy guitar strings. I got some Portuguese egg tarts from Lord Stow's before we headed home. I think it's great that I get to spend time with my nephews this way.

No comments: