Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Christening and a day at SM Aura

About a year after my cousin Troy married his now-wife Joanna, they were blessed with a daughter, Jhoriel. Her baptism party was held last Saturday at Tramway Bayview Buffet along Roxas Boulevard. Naturally, most of our family, including my grandmother Nanay, were there to celebrate this special occasion.


Since we were out already, after our buffet lunch, we decided to go to SM Aura. I had originally planned to bring my family to Magnum Cafe for dessert so that they could try it before it closes later this week. Unfortunately, when we got there, the line was quite long. My other nephew didn't really eat anything at Tramway - he still wasn't hungry when we got there - so falling in line wasn't really an option at that point. Since he is a big fan of Japanese culture, I took him to Ramen Nagi instead. My other nephew had a lot to eat for lunch but he thought it would be cool to try some ramen as well. They ended up ordering different items - Curry King and Black King - and they both enjoyed what they got.

Curry King ramen at Ramen Nagi

Black King ramen at Ramen Nagi

I actually fell back in line at Magnum while they were finishing their big bowls of ramen but once they were done eating, they realized they didn't have room for dessert anymore. My mom and Nanay both don't eat a lot so neither of them felt like having ice cream. As such, I left the line and we just started going around the mall. Nanay went with mom while I took my nephews. After a short stop at Datablitz, we then went to Uniqlo, Cotton On, and Levi's so that one of my nephews could try on some jeans (I told him I would get him pants as my very belated Christmas gift since he couldn't make up his mind back then as to what he wanted and he only figured out what he wanted - or rather, needed - a few weeks ago.)

We decided to get the jeans from Uniqlo but I had to meet up with my mom to get her SM Advantage card. She was at the department store buying a few things and Nanay was looking at some clocks because the one at her house was broken already. When she made up her mind which clock she wanted, I decided to get it for her. We all then went back to Uniqlo - or well my mom and Nanay had coffee at UCC Mentore right next to it - so that we could get my nephew's jeans and so we could also have them altered.

It was around 6PM when my family headed home. I decided to stay at SM Aura to have dinner and maybe do some shopping myself. I headed to Todd English again and this time I ordered the T.E. Half Chicken. It was good but a few parts of it that were close to the bone were a bit too red for my liking so I surely prefer the T.E. Pork Chop that I had earlier in the year.

T.E. Half Chicken at Todd English

I then went window shopping (I've been looking for a red t-shirt that I really like that fits LOL but I still haven't been able to find one) before finding myself in Astrovision where I ended up buying 4 DVDs that were all on sale. I also snagged a CD of A Great Big World that was also on sale at P100. I had been planning to get "Say Something" - both the original version and the duet with Christina Aguilera - on iTunes for a while now and each would have cost around P50 to purchase online so a P100 CD with both versions on it was perfect for me. I also bought a Chocnut cupcake from A Taste of Slice and a Berry Cinnabon (this was so good; I was to have it again!) before finally heading home.

It was an incredibly long and tiring day but I am really happy that I got to be part of my cousin-niece's Christening and that I spent the day with my family. I'm especially happy that we got to take Nanay shopping since she doesn't get to do it very often anymore.

No comments: