Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Village

No, not the movie by M Night Shyamalan. I'm talking about the board game. I played The Village for the first time recently. My friend Mike is a major board game fan who had been living abroad for many years already before returning to the Philippines late last year. He asked me to join him recently with a few of his other friends to play this game, which is apparently one of his curent favorites.

photo from boardgamegeek.com

As is true with most other games, the objective of The Village is to end up with the most points. There is a whole variety of ways to score points, making for very interesting game play. It normally takes an hour to finish the game but the first time we played, it took us a bit (a lot?) longer as a few of us were still figuring out what the best strategy was to score as many points as possible. The key to a great game is that the actions of your opponents can trigger a change in your strategy and this is true for the Village as my approach was different each time I played it. Hopefully I get to play this game again in the near future and see if my learning curve will help me win the next time. :)

No comments: