Tuesday, January 06, 2015

No more IHOP Biscuits and Gravy

I visited IHOP recently, fully intending to order my favorite dish: Biscuits and Gravy Combo. The biscuits are really soft and flaky and there is no other place in the Philippines (that I have found, at least) that serves biscuits like those. The dish also comes with sausages, eggs, and hash browns, as well as a generous serving of creamy gravy that goes perfectly well with everything in the dish.


However, when I checked the menu during my recent visit, I couldn't find the Biscuits and Gravy Combo anymore. I asked the waitress about it and she said they updated their menu around 6-7 months ago and they haven't been carrying this dish since. Argh! Such a shame. I'm guessing I was one of only a few people who ordered this dish so they had to discontinue serving it.

Since I was already there, I had to order something else. The good news for me was that I found my new favorite dish: Ham & Swiss Hash Brown Stack (golden hash browns topped with ham, melted Swiss cheese, sliced tomato, an over medium egg and rich hollandaise). You could say that it is like Eggs Benedict but with a hash brown base instead of bread. It also comes with a side of pancakes. This dish is part of their new Hash Brown Stack section in the menu so at least they replaced a dish I loved with one that I also really enjoy.

No comments: