Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy 2015!

Happy new year, everyone!

I had a really random yet amazingly wonderful experience today. My family visited my grandmother for dinner and we decided to hear New Year's mass in the church where she lives. Midway through the mass, one of the church staff approached me and asked if I could join the offertory. Naturally, I agreed. I was then given a star that that had a lit candle on top. I was asked to put this star on top of the Christmas tree next to the altar. I wasn't given any other instructions apart from putting this star at the top of the tree. I put the star at the top of the tree but it didn't feel like it was properly in place so I pushed it down a bit more. As I did this, I must have either turned a switch on or closed the circuit because all of a sudden, the whole tree including the star lit up! Wow! I wasn't expecting that and I'm just happy I pushed the star down a bit more. :) As soon as the tree lit up, the people in church applauded. This is what it looked like (of course, I took this photo after the mass :))


Behind me was a procession of people who started putting lit candles all around the tree. We then moved in front of the altar as we were blessed by the priest. What a great way to start the year!

No comments: