Thursday, January 15, 2015

Errand Day

I decided to use the early part of the day today to work on some errands. Mainly, real estate property tax payment and pick-up of my driver's license. No, my license didn't get confiscated. When I went to LTO to have my license renewed late last year, they already ran out of license cards supply so I was told I had to go back in January to get it.

I decided to pick my license up first since I knew that would be relatively quick (it was). However, once I arrived at City Hall, I realized I should have gone there first because the line was unbelievably long but they were using a number queuing system which meant you didn't need to be there all the time. When I got my number, I realized there were still 245 people ahead of me. Yikes! I was told that they were processing on average about 100 people per hour which meant I would have to wait 2 1/2 hours for my turn. This was the first time I had to wait that long to pay real estate property tax. Thankfully, because of the numbering system, I was able to leave City Hall, have a relaxed lunch and coffee, pay our cable TV bill at the nearby BDO, then return to City Hall without losing my spot in the queue.

Unfortunately, as I was heading home, I got caught in horrible traffic. Thankfully, I was just commuting and not driving. My jeepney barely moved in ten minutes so I decided to get out and start walking home. My initial plan was to head to the bottleneck of the traffic then get on another jeepney that had already made it past the bottleneck. However, as I kept on walking, I realized the traffic had practically ground to a halt. Wow. What was causing this traffic? Anyway, I was thankful that (1) I had gotten out of my jeepney and (2) I was only about 1 1/2 kilometers away from my house. Unfortunately, as I was walking home, I didn't notice a slightly elevated section of the sidewalk and as I stepped on it, I rolled my ankle. Damn! Once I got home, I iced my ankle and so far it seems okay but it is already feeling sore. I am just hoping my ankle doesn't swell tonight and that it doesn't end up becoming a full sprain tomorrow.

No comments: