Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Afternoon coffee at Paul

I'm a big fan of European breads and pastries so when I had an opportunity to try Paul Boulangerie Patisserie during the Christmas break, I took it. It's on the expensive side but I thought I deserved a bit of a break. :)

When I got there, I was faced with the dilemma of what to order as there were so many interesting and very tempting items on display. I finally opted for the Millefeuille Fraises (P170), which is made of alternating layers of puff pastry and crème pâtissière (pastry cream) and served with fresh strawberries.


Gotta say, I'm glad I tried this because I absolutely love it! The pastry cream was delectable and there was a generous amount of fresh strawberry slices mixed in with it that just made the pastry much better. The coffee was also very good. This was a very satisfying afternoon snack at Paul. I'm pretty sure I'll be visiting this place again so I can also try their other pastries.

No comments: