Thursday, December 25, 2014

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas everyone!

This holiday season was a bit up-and-down for me. It started out pretty well. I prepared my Christmas list quite early and I already had about 80% of all my gifts ready by the first week of December. I also managed to distribute a lot of those gifts efficiently. I then spent a significant amount of time during the last weekend before Christmas trying to complete my gift list. By late Sunday evening, I pretty much had all my presents ready.

Things started to go awry earlier this week. I realized I forgot to place a food order for our noche buena and when I checked a couple of Conti's locations, most of them said that the latest pick-up time they could give me on the 24th was at 3pm which was too early given that I had plans until the late afternoon that day. On top of that, the holiday stress and the overeating must have gotten  to me because I ended up with a bit of a bad stomach on Tuesday night, making me miss one of my annual Christmas reunion dinners with my college groupmates and friends. On Wednesday, I overslept from fatigue and I was a few hours late for my Christmas lunch (brunch actually) with my high school friends. To make matters worse, I forgot my gifts for a couple of the kids at the party. Argh!

The rest of Wednesday was a major rush. I went to Conti's along Shaw Boulevard to pick up my order (they were the only branch I called on Monday night that still allowed a 5pm pick-up). I then swung by SM Aura to purchase cupcakes from Royal Touch before passing by the house of a couple of my friends to drop off my gifts to them. By the time I got home, I was tired. But at least I had gotten most of my stuff done.

Things started getting much better again after that. My mom was quite happy with my gifts to her: I got her waterproof Canon camera to replace the one she broke a few months back and I also got her a boxful of Bath and Body Works products that included hand soaps, body lotions, hand creams, sanitizers (both regular and pocket), a body mist, a travel fragrance, and a room spray. (This one I had planned months in advance since I had to place the order from the US and have them shipped here; knowing how bad port congestion is right now, I made sure to order my stuff really early and it was a success.) I also finally set up the LED TV I got for my grandmother. I got that TV probably 5-6 months ago but it was only about a month ago that I was able to bring it to my grandmother's house. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to set it up then so I thought today would be a great time to do it. When I finally got it to work, my grandmother seemed really happy. After all, her previous TV was maybe 20 to 30 years old already and the color in the screen was all out of whack. Now she gets to see clearer pictures on a bigger screen. Cool!

My grandmother's new TV

Oh and here's a Christmas first. After I got home from my grandmother's house earlier today, I was supposed to drive to the mall to buy something. Unfortunately, my car wouldn't start. I figured I was having battery problems so I called Motolite Express Delivery. Thankfully for me, they still had operations even during Christmas. About an hour and a half after I placed my call, one of their guys arrived to check my car. He confirmed that my battery needed to be replaced. A big thanks to Motolite for being available even on Christmas day and for having a portable credit card terminal. Because of them, my Christmas didn't end up being a major bust. :)

Motolite
http://www.motolite.com/
24-hour hotline: 370-6686

No comments: