Friday, August 15, 2014

Random stuff

I was driving in Eastwood a couple of weekends ago when I see DLSU lady spiker Mika Reyes crossing the street with Ateneo basketball star Kiefer Ravena. Since I'm a Mika Reyes fan, I knew that she and Kiefer are seeing each other at the moment. It was pretty cool seeing Mika Reyes in person, albeit through my car windshield. I also have to say that I'm a fan of this Romeo-Juliet-esque romance, with two athletes from rival teams dating. Pretty cool. :)

*****

In line with my recent stupid mistakes, I stubbed my big toe pretty badly. I wish I could say it was because I hit it against a bed post or coffee table or something but I can't. What happened was that I was watching an FIVB volleyball game and saw a spectacular save. I don't know what possessed me to pretend that I was making a save like that but as I went to the restroom to wash my hands, I made a massive kicking motion, acting as if I was trying to save the ball with my leg. As I did, I slammed my foot, or more specifically my big toe, right into the door jamb of the restroom. It was really so tremendously stupid. I mean, who does that? Well, apparently I do. :)

*****

I've been hearing good things about Shrimp Bucket so while doing late morning errands in BGC, I decided to have an early lunch there. Unfortunately, I was there alone and I didn't want to eat a pound of shrimp by myself because I was worried about ingesting too much cholesterol LOL. so I ended up getting another shrimp dish. It was pretty good but I still want to go there again soon with other people so I can try the full pound.

*****

I was a major fan of the TV show The X-Files when it was still on TV back in the 90s. (Wow, I can't believe it's actually been that long ago!) I had the complete box set of this show, including the two X-Files films, in my cart in Amazon.com for the longest time when I decided to finally purchase it earlier this year. I got to watch a few episodes one night recently and it was a pretty good case of nostalgia. The pace is a bit slower than that of current shows (although I actually like that kind of pace) but the storytelling is still pretty solid and it is still borderline hair-raising and chill-inducing even if I already know what will happen. I have ten seasons worth of episodes so it will take me a while before I finally go through the entire show.

*****

For the first time in years, I am not taking any multivitamins. I'm not sure if that's a good thing but this decision was heavily influenced by someone on the TV show The Doctors saying that he's not a fan of taking vitamins regularly because he's not sure what it'll to do your liver long-term. Maybe I'll do a bit of research on this and ask some of my doctor friends one of these days and make a more informed decision then.

No comments: