Saturday, April 05, 2014

Celebration Saturday

It was a double celebration earlier this evening at my tita's house. Our family gathered to have a simple dinner to celebrate my grandmother's birthday and my cousin's graduation. My tita got chicken and chap chae from Bon Chon Chicken since apparently my cousin loves the food there but she also prepared a lot of other food, including rellenong bangus and kare-kare. The kare-kare was a hit; apparently, my tita had been experimenting with a lot of different peanut brands brands and variants to find the one she really liked. When I got there, I thought I was really hungry but once I polished off my plate, I realized I was not that hungry and I had just overeaten. As such, I no longer had any room for dessert so I wasn't able to try the yema cake from Caramia. Too bad for me.

It was almost 10pm when I left my tita's house. Thankfully, I was driving home quite late because there is currently a whole lot of work being done on EDSA, resulting in a few lanes being blocked off in certain areas. It took me a long time to get to my tita's house because the traffic was really bad due to all the road work but thankfully, I had already been alerted that EDSA traffic would be very bad so I knew what to expect. I can't imagine how Metro Manila driving will be once all those skyways get built over the next couple of years.

No comments: