Monday, April 22, 2013

Fantasia performs "Lose to Win" on American Idol

During the American Idol results show last week, Fantasia performed "Lose to Win", a song from her album "Side Effects of you" to be released this week. I remember seeing Fantasia during last year's finale with Joshua Ledet and I was really disappointed because her performance was a bit of a mess (not to mention her look). But she totally redeemed herself with this stirring and soulful performance that had the audience and all four judges giving her a well-deserved standing ovation.


video uploaded in youtube by RocstarrBlanco

When Fantasia is on, she is really on and she shows everyone exactly why she won season 3 of American Idol back in 2004. Nicki Minaj admitted to getting chills and even said "Fantasia just had the best performance of this season. Wow." There is a truth and genuineness in her delivery that few artists have. And while she's had a couple of misses in her returns to American Idol, I go back to her Truth Is/I believe medley in Season 4 and her rendition of I'm Here in Season 6 that just stood out and put almost everyone else in those seasons to shame.

I can't stop listening to this song and re-watching this video. I'm now planning to get her album. I hope Fantasia sticks to performances (and styling/looks) like these as she moves forward in her career. The world definitely needs to see and hear more of her and her tremendous talent.

No comments: