Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Unforgettable "a diamond is forever" advert

It's effectively simple. It uses strong imagery. And it features beautiful music. This De Beers "A diamond is forever" commercial from back in 1987 remains to this day one of my absolute favorite adverts that 24 years later I still remember it. I recall searching for this video before but not finding it. Thankfully someone made an effort to put it on youtube. Check it out.


video uploaded in youtube by user KnysnaHK2

De Beers did pretty memorable commercials back in the day. One of my first ever blog posts was about another De Beers commercial that featured music by Karl Jenkins. This video clearly made an impact on me because to this day, even before seeing it again, I actually still remember its evocative imagery and music. Note that this advert came out 24 years ago! (I also have to say that the hand of the woman is absolutely beautiful!) When I found this video, I started reading the comments and it's amazing to see how many people actually remember this commercial and that they, like me, have been searching for it for years. It's truly amazing how youtube and the internet can now easily make classic commercials like this available again to everyone in the world.

No comments: