Tuesday, January 08, 2013

The Brunch Club

I don't know if it's an age thing when instead of meeting up with friends over dinner or drinks, you have brunch together. But over the holidays, I ended up meeting with the same set of friends twice for brunch in Serendra. Since I'm not a morning person, I actually ended up late on both occasions. But at least my friends knew in advance that I would just be catching up so no issue. I think. :)

The first time was in mid-December, right before some people would leave for the province. I met up with Che, Me-Ann, Joh, Raffa, and Chris for breakfast in Chelsea. I honestly can't recall what I ordered haha but it had to have been at least decent because if I wasn't happy with it, I would remember. :) I guess I was more focused on chatting with my friends. Peegee passed by before we left to drop off his gifts for us.

The second time was two weeks later. Mike, Alvin and Doray were in town but they all missed our major Christmas celebration so this was our chance to at least see each other before everyone started flying back to the US or Singapore. Somehow, a whole lot of people were available to meet up mid-morning at Sentro. Also there were Joh, Raffa, Suzanne, Gi, Pau, Tim, Steph and Chris. I do remember ordering the corned beef breakfast here and I thought that it was so-so haha.

I told the folks that next time, we should meet at 9:30 PM instead. :) That's most likely not going to happen but I'm glad I was able to wake up early enough to make it (albeit late) to both get-togethers.

No comments: