Sunday, January 13, 2013

Post-Christmas celebration

When I saw a Deal Grocer voucher that provided a big discount for dinner at La Cocina De Tita Moning, I thought it would be a perfect Christmas gift for my high school circle of friends. After all, among all of us, it was just myself and Anna who had been there before. I won't write about this restaurant in detail anymore; instead, you can read more about my first dining experience here.


The meal that came with the voucher seemed to include all the house favorites: Whole Baked Lapu Lapu with Olive Oil and Garlic served with Grilled Eggplant Salad, Lengua cooked in White Wine, Slowly Roasted Pork with Candied Sweet Camote, Paella Valenciana, and Tita Moning’s Bread Pudding. We also had a choice of either soup or salad. I opted for the Vichysoisse, which is a cream of potato and leek soup. Needless to say, I loved the food. And so did everyone else. Joyce even told one of the wait staff "Isn't there anything here that doesn't taste good?" to which I immediately replied, "Don't say that, you might jinx our food!" To make the dining experience even better, Anna decided to treat us all to a bottle of wine.


We were the last group of people to leave that night, and before we left, Joyce purchased the vinaigrette that was used on the eggplant salad which she really liked. Everyone seemed really happy with the meal as well as with the overall experience of dining here. My gift seemed to pan out very nicely. Thanks to Deal Grocer and thanks to La Cocina De Tita Moning!

No comments: