Friday, August 03, 2012

Free coffee

So I was at Krispy Kreme in Glorietta right before it closes for the day. I ordered a large smooth coffee but the manager said that there might not be enough coffee to fill a large cup. As it turned out, there wasn't, so she told me that the coffee was good for a short cup only. It was the end of the day and it would be wasteful to have them brew more coffee so I agreed to get a short cup instead.

She then pours the coffee from the large cup to a short one (it's a waste of a cup, I know), takes a quick look inside, then she hands it to me and tells me that I don't need to pay for it. She said that because the remaining coffee still didn't fill the short cup (it was about 90% filled), they would just give it to me for free. I asked her if she was sure about my coffee being on the house and she said she was. So I got a free coffee from Krispy Kreme. Cool!

No comments: