Wednesday, March 07, 2012

My Octoboy discount card

About a month ago, I took my nephews to Power Station in Shangri-la Mall so they could play Animal Kaiser and we ended up staying there until the mall closed at 9pm. We hadn't had dinner yet - we had some bread in Baker's Fresh right next to the arcade before they started to play - I decided to head to Tomas Morato since the restos there stay open 'til quite late. I know that my nephews enjoy takoyaki so we ended up in Octoboy. I had eaten there before and I know that the food is pretty good. The only question was whether my nephews would enjoy it as well.

Thankfully they did. My nephews ended up ordering different types of takoyaki while I got octopus okonomiyaki for myself. (Makes me miss my stint in Japan more than a decade ago where I had my first okonomiyaki.)

Now I am not sure why but one of the waitresses approached me during our meal and gave me an Octoboy discount card. Maybe the staff thought we looked like a cute, slightly out-of-place group; after all, it was half past 9 and everyone else eating there were adults. In any case, I thought it was great that I now get 5-10% off in that resto, depending on whether I pay via cash or credit.

A few weeks later, I again take my nephews to Power Station 'til mall closing, and my nephews asked if we could eat in Octoboy again. Unfortunately, I left my discount card at home. Nevertheless, we still had our late dinner there. Interestingly enough, the waitresses recognized us so they got my name to cross-reference it in their list of discount-card holders and they proceeded to take 10% off of our bill. Cool!

No comments: