Friday, January 20, 2012

Small Screen

I normally have the TV on at home. Even if I'm working on my laptop, I tend to keep it on since it kind of makes my room feel alive, even in the dead of night. As such, I tend to get to see a lot of TV shows. Recently, I've sort of discovered a few new shows. Or, well, new to me, as they have all been on for a while now. One of them is 'The Good Wife'. I know it stars Julianna Margulies (who I watched a lot of back when she was still on E.R.). The premise of the show is that Juliana's character, Alicia, returns to her old job as a lawyer after her husband, a former Cook County state's attorney, is jailed following a very public sex and corruption scandal. I am watching season 2 so none of the storyline revolves around Alicia's ex-husband anymore, but I do find the cases quite compelling.

I'm definitely a sucker for courtroom dramas, as proven by the fact that I'm also sort of watching another legal drama (or more like a dramedy), 'Drop Dead Diva'. Interesting premise, this one. The lead character apparently died but somehow it wasn't her time yet so she was brought back to earth, but in the body of a different person, a lawyer. Now she lives someone else's life, trying to do good while she also tries to tie the loose ends in her own past life. Pretty interesting premise for a show, and it definitely makes me interested to find out how this will all end.

Half-hour comedies are always a good way to relax and they are pretty easy to watch. Some shows in my radar now are 'Community' and 'Man Up', 'New Girl', 'Friends with Benefits', and 'Two broke girls' on ETC. My friend Lala actually recommended Community to me before. According to wikipedia, this show will 'go on an extended hiatus during NBC's midseason schedule, but will return at an undetermined time with all remaining episodes of the season airing.' Hopefully it gets renewed for a 4th season.

No comments: