Monday, December 26, 2011

Mind games

Or more like brain teasers. I went to Fully Booked to look for gifts I can give to my friends and their kids for Christmas. While there, I ran into this section on brain teasers - anagrams, boggle, IQ tests, and BrainBats* - and while going through the books there, I started thinking I wanted to get some for myself too. I end up getting brain teasers for two of my friends and I get four (yes, four) for myself LOL. Needless to stay I have spent quite a lot of time going through these books. At least it's a good pastime because it helps keep your brain sharp.

*****

A brain bat is a collection of letters, numbers, and other figures arranged in a certain, smart way that is supposed to represent another word or phrase. Then you have to figure out what that other word or phrase is. You can check out some online BrainBats here. Check out this example from that link:

What is represented by this BrainBat?

D D
O O
O O
G G

O O
N N

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Answer: Up to no good (up two no good)

No comments: