Tuesday, October 25, 2011

(An attempt at) exercising at home

I work Europe shift most of the time, so by the time I'm done working, the gym I go to is already closed. I could in theory exercise before going to work, but I am often exhausted by the time I hit the sack so I normally wake up just in time to rush to my first meeting at work. Hence, no more trips to the gym for me. Not good!

So I've looked into youtube to give me a couple of quick workout options at home. For a high intensity full body work-out, check out the burpee:


video uploaded in youtube by charliejames1975

Given my current stress levels, I figured some basic yoga might also be helpful. Esther Ekhart has a series of yoga-for-beginners videos (I find her voice to be incredibly soothing). I've tried doing following her yoga-for-beginners parts 1 and 2 and you do break into a sweat even with the basic stuff. Here's her part 1 video:


video uploaded in youtube by user yogatic

Hopefully I can manage to go through either exercise on a regular basis.

No comments: