Monday, July 25, 2011

Maid service bungle-up

I got a maid service to clean my place recently. Back in the day, I used to do my own cleaning until I realized that (1) maids can do it better and more quickly than me, (2) I actually give more people jobs when I hire a maid service, and (3) it's just an overall more efficient use of my time to get someone else to clean my place.

The only problem was that my maid service broke one of my glass candle holders. They told me they will replace what they broke - they even took a picture of the similar candle holder - but the only problem is that this was purchased years ago and I'm not sure that it is still available. They may end up finding something similar but it won't be exactly the same. While it will certainly throw off the symmetry I have in my pad, I guess I can just look at this as adding personality to my home by having mix-and-match decorative items LOL.

No comments: