Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wine, wine, and more wine...

I was thinking of a gift I could give a friend of mine and I decided that a bottle of wine might be a good idea. While looking in Rustan's Supermarket, I noticed there were a lot of inexpensive wines there. Since I'm a big fan of wine - or red wine more, specifically - I told myself that I would get a bottle every so often, especially since there are a lot of choices that won't burn a hole in your pocket.

Some bottles I've tried include Hardy's from Australia (P299), Santa Carolina Premio from Chile (P215), and Two Oceans from South Africa (P345). I enjoyed all three of these. I did try another wine, Pays D'Oc from France I think (P289), but I thought it didn't taste good at all. I also got a bottle of Manta Merlot from Ralph's Wines and Spirits (P350).

I've heard that a glass of wine each day is healthy so I guess it's good practice for me to get a bottle every so often. Then again, maybe not, since I don't stop with just one glass whenever I have wine. :)

No comments: