Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day featured the fourth consecutive year that our band club at work organized a harana or serenade service. People could pay us a small fee to serenade someone else, normally at the person's work station (which normally gets their colleagues all excited and wondering who may have made the harana request) or we bring the 'target' to some other place where we won't bother other people who are working. A huge amount of requests came in and we raised quite a lot of money, all of which go to charity.

Bruno Mars' 'Just the way you are' was this year's top song request. It was requested by dozens of people, and I myself had to sing it a whopping 11 times! I'm surprised that I made it through the entire event without losing my voice coz 'Just the way you are' is incredibly tough to sing. And I had to sing several other songs on top of it. Needless to say, I was relieved when it was over haha.

My personal favorite song request was 'Falling in love' by Taio Cruz. I didn't know this song until someone requested it, and while learning it I thought it was a great song. Very difficult to sing though, so it took a lot of effort and practice to perform it. In the end, I was really happy that I discovered a really good song and that I actually got to sing it.

Here's the acoustic version of 'Falling in Love' by Taio Cruz:


video uploaded in youtube by user 34Harnik34

If you wanna check out Taio's original album version, click here.

No comments: