Thursday, August 19, 2010

Visiting PGH

My 7th marathon for a cause was completed a little more than a month ago but it normally takes a few months (or more) to collect all the pledges. I've collected about P30,000 so far - half of the total pledges - so I dropped by PGH to make a partial donation.

Due to a lot of after-the-fact pledges that came in after July 4, my marathon-for-a-cause will rake in almost P70,000 for the PGH internal medicine wards. There are still a whole lot of pledges that need to be collected (which reminds me, my friend Anna who now lives in Singapore will be coming to Manila in a couple of weeks so maybe my "pledgers" based in SG can send their donations through her...). But dozens of people will receive medical assistance from these funds so all my efforts to run, raise funds, and collect pledges will be absolutely worth it. :)

No comments: