Thursday, August 12, 2010

Salt

I've heard good reviews from people who have seen 'Salt' so I made my way to the cinema to see it. It certainly lived up to the hype. The action was great, the fight scenes cool, and the fact that the movie starred Angelina Jolie ensured that it would have more than its fair share of guys in the audience. :) Jolie definitely has the tough action woman role down pat - what with Tomb Raider and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I can't imagine a lot of other women in Hollywood being able to pull of these kinds of roles (although Scarlett Johansson comes to mind...)

While it has all the ingredients to make it your typical action blockbuster, story-wise, its not all that typical. It had three pretty major twists, the first of which was especially surprising. That it came at a point where I was starting to think that this movie would follow in the footsteps of other films that involve hunting down the central character ensured that the film would keep me interested.

All in all, 'Salt' is really good action movie that should provide movie-goers with a good time.

No comments: